13 may 2008

Videora


I was doing my daily Internet surf, this time searching for an application that could help me upload my bunch of Simpsons episodes to my 16gb iPod Touch. After trying in Yahoo! Answers in both spanish and english versions, and under 3 different tags, Apple, and downloads.com, I came upon Videora.com. This surprised in a pleasant sort of way. I used to use Videora as a substitute for my BitTorrent application. That was 4 years ago, back in 2004. But it's 2008, and Videora isn't only a nice BitTorrent RSS Reader application anymore, but it's also the name given to it's series of video converters for multiple platforms (including Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Wii, and Apple TV) and Media Center managers.

Really nice story, but you're probably asking yourselves: Does it work?

I tested the Videora iPod Touch converter version 3.7. If you try to look beneath the ad-filled (yeah, I forgot to tell you: it's freeware!!) application, you'll find yourself with a user-friendly tool, with 2 options: Normal Mode, and Power Mode.

Normal Mode is the easy mode of the application. In this mode, iPod Touch converter (and all other Videora converters) basically does everything for you. You only have to select how nice you want your video to look and sound and were do you want it to go. Depending on how large and the quality you want your video to have, the converter wil only spend a few minutes, or even seconds, working on converting your video.

Power Mode is made for those of you who like to have as much control over the video conversion as possible. To use it, you must understand technical jargon like AviSynth, 1 Pass, 2 Pass, the meaning of Kbps, MPEG-4, VGA, QVGA and H.264. It even has conversion profiles, if you like to experiment with different conversion settings, without having to reset your favorite conversion mode.

I'd say this is an indispensable application for those of you who like your vids nice and as perfect as possible. Oh, and also, if you own many iPods :D

Until next time!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario